You can check the generation of your laptop by following these instructions if you are using Windows 10, 8, 8.1, or 7.
- Check the laptop’s processor generation:
- On your desktop, right-click the “This PC” or “My Computer” icon.
- On the properties menu, click.
- Look under the system section for “processor.” The display will read “Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-3520M CPU @
- 90GHz.” The generation of the processor in your laptop will be indicated by the number following this bolded 3.
My laptop’s generation:
The generation of this laptop is the eighth because 8 comes after the i3 processor.
The range for this number is from 1 to 11. Your generation, then, can range from 1 to 11.