Even if you never saw or heard anything about the call, you’ve probably been accused of not answering it. It’s not all your fault, though. When we’re on the phone with someone else, it may appear to the person trying to reach us that we don’t think they’re essential enough for us to return their call. Many smartphone users are already aware of this fact. That is not the case.
No, I don’t think so. If you’re already on a call, your smartphone may or may not alert you to a new call.
If you don’t want to know about these calls, you can turn off the feature on your smartphone.
When a call comes in, how do you be notified? On the phone with someone else (Android)
Some people may be surprised to learn that there is a way to ensure that you never miss a call while on another call. All phones now have a “call waiting” option that allows you to see who is calling before you answer.
Let’s say you’re an Android user who has trouble receiving call notifications while on another call; we can help. You can solve it on your own if you follow these steps:
- Open your smartphone’s settings. Scroll down the list to find the Apps menu and tap it.
- There will be a plethora of options on the Apps tab.
- Locate and select System app settings. This is normally first on the list, but it can be difficult to locate. After that, tap it.
- These are the apps that come pre-installed on your phone. Things like the camera and texting are among them. You can also view how many photographs you have in your gallery and how much room your calendar and notes have available. Then, on the screen, you’ll see Contacts and Call settings. Choose what you want and press it open to adjust your smartphone’s call waiting settings.
- A list of possibilities will appear, each with a little arrow next to it. Find Call waiting on this list and press it to access the Call waiting tab.
- If your phone has two SIM cards, the Call waiting for tab will show both of them. Make sure you choose a SIM card that allows you to update the settings. After that, tap the card.
- It will say something along the lines of: While on the phone, let me know if any further rings come in.
- This message will have a switch next to it. You won’t be able to get a call waiting for notice if it’s turned off. To do so, turn on the light.
Congratulations! On your smartphone, you’ve been able to activate the call waiting option.
When a call comes in, how do you be notified? On the phone with someone else (iPhone)
iPhone users are typically a little puzzled when it comes to changing any parameter on their device. Why? Because iOS has a unique user interface and functions differently than Android. It’s just that Android phones aren’t all that different from Apple phones when it comes to call waiting.
Follow these instructions if you wish to use call waiting on your iPhone:
- You can access your iPhone’s settings by going to: Locate and press the Settings icon. You’ll be redirected to the Settings tab.
- The first thing you’ll notice when you go to the Settings tab is a section called Phone. This is also the choice you’ll need to select in order to complete the task today.
- The Phone icon will take you to the Phone settings menu as soon as you touch it. Here is a list of options for you to consider. “Call waiting” will be a button at the bottom of the screen. When you find it, tap on it to adjust your call waiting settings.
- In the next tab, you’ll only have one option: Call waiting. There’s a toggle next to it that appears identical to the one we discussed in the last section.
- It will be switched on if you swipe right on the toggle.
We’ve seen firsthand how horrible it can be to miss an essential call while on the phone with someone else. If you don’t want this to happen, you can use your smartphone’s Call Waiting option to prevent it.
On both Android and iOS phones, we’ve shown you how to do it. Later, we discussed how to reactivate your phone’s call notifications if they were accidentally turned off. Please let us know if our blog has been of assistance to you in the comments section.